Trial Report – Bend DUII Accident, Part III
When they jury returned, they awarded my client the following:
- $8,350.10 for all past medical expenses.
- No future medicals. This was the most surprising part of the award decision, since they related all priors up to last November.
- No lost wages or impaired earning capacity. This was not really a surprise, given the economy and fact that my client still worked 100+ hours per week.
- $10,000 non-economic damages. This, frankly, was also not surprising since my client spends all of his time at work.
- $25,000 punitive damages.
The offer going into trial was $25,000, which my client received in punitive damages alone. It was a successful trial and another happy client.