Roy Dwyer began practicing law 50 years ago because he wanted to help the underdog. A particularly aggressive attorney who has won tens of millions of dollars for his clients, Roy has been guided by one goal – to hold individuals and corporations accountable for careless and negligent acts that injure or kill innocent people. Now, decades later, his wisdom, razor-sharp legal acumen and dedication to his clients have made Roy one of the top personal injury attorneys in the Northwest.
Why Roy Dwyer Specializes in Personal Injury Law
Roy Dwyer believes that individuals and corporations should and must be held accountable for careless and negligent acts which injure or kill innocent people. We see to it that our clients receive fair, just and full money damages for their injuries and losses.
Roy Dwyer, Senior Partner – More Than 52 years Experience as Your Oregon Personal Injury Lawyer!
Roy began his career in 1949, when he quit high school at 16 years old to enlist in the United States Air Force. While in the military, Roy earned his GED and, after four years of service, found himself stationed in Fairbanks, Alaska. Eager to further his education, he enrolled at the University of Alaska and later transferred to the University of Oregon, where he earned his Bachelor of Science degree in 1959.
This ambitious young man went to law school immediately, finished in 1962 and promptly opened his own law firm in Eugene. Since then, Roy has grown his practice to six offices across the state of Oregon and taken hundreds of cases to verdict. In 1982, Roy decided to practice exclusively in the area of personal injury law. He’s argued numerous cases before the Oregon Supreme Court and has decades of experience handling cases of medical malpractice, car crashes, workplace accidents, catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. In short, Roy has seen just about everything.
Roy At A Glance:
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates Board of Governors
- Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, Oregon Chapter
- Public Justice Foundation
- Past President, Western Trial Lawyers Association
- Oregon State Bar
- Recipient of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association Outstanding Member Award
- Federal Bar – United States District Court of Oregon
- American Bar Association
- Past President and Educational Director, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Senior Counsel of The College of Master Advocates and Barristers
- Charter Fellow of the Oregon Law Foundation
- Historical Society of the United States District Court
- Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity, Williams Chapter
- The Melvin Belli Society
- J.R. Campbell American Inns of Court
- University of Oregon Law School, 1962
- University of Oregon, BS, 1959
- University of Alaska, Fairbanks
- United States Air Force 1949-1953
When he’s not putting his bright mind and wealth of knowledge to work for his clients, Roy still seeks adventure.
He regularly hikes the Cascades and counts among his more memorable treks The Grand Canyon, the High Sierras, Nepal and the Great Wall of China. Traveling the world is one of his great joys, but his passion for globe-trekking is trumped by his love for his wife, four children and seven grandchildren.
In his distinguished career, Roy has earned a slate of awards including the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association Outstanding Member award. He’s also served in leadership roles for legal professional organizations at the state and national level.