Star Oregon Accident Injury Attorney
When Arne Cherkoss first started practicing law, he didn’t represent injured people. Instead, he worked for a law firm representing insurance companies. He learned how those companies operate to avoid their obligations to the injured parties. After four years of practice, he decided he wanted to help injured people stand up to the same companies he once represented. Arne left his old firm in 2007 and came to work for Dwyer Williams Cherkoss Attorneys, PC as a plaintiff’s lawyer.
Why Arne Cherkoss Specializes in Personal Injury Law
Arne Cherkoss believes that individuals and corporations should and must be held accountable for careless and negligent acts which injure or kill innocent people. We see to it that our clients receive fair, just and full money damages for their injuries and losses.
A Dedication To Success
It’s been a full-circle swing for Arne. While in law school, Arne worked for Lane County Legal Aid, where he helped individuals with little or no access to the justice system. He enjoyed the interaction he had with his clients, and practiced his problem solving skills. Arne also worked for the University of Oregon as a Student Defender, representing students in administrative disciplinary hearings.
Arne believes everyone deserves justice, and puts that belief to work for his clients by fighting to ensure that individuals and corporations are held accountable for careless and negligent acts that injure or kill the innocent. His record speaks for itself: Arne has used his insurance defense expertise to settle hundreds of cases before they moved to the costly and risky litigation phase. In the process, he has recovered millions of dollars for his clients.
Many of Arne’s accomplishments include:
- Dwyer Williams Cherkoss Attorneys Accident Injury Attorneys, 2007 – Present
- Frohnmayer, Deatherage, Jamieson, Moore, Armosino & McGovern, P.C., 2003 – 2007
- University of Oregon Law School, JD received 2003
- Law Clerk for Lane County Circuit Court Judge Lyle Velure, 2003
- Lane County Legal Aid, 2002
- University of Oregon Student Defender, 2001-2002
- Professional musician, 1994-2004
- Bachelor of Arts, California State University at Dominguez Hills, with Honors, 1993
- Humboldt State, 1989-1991
- Arcata High School, 1989
- Oregon State Bar, 2003 – Current
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, 2007-Current
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, 2003-2007
- Federal Bar- United States District Court of Oregon 2003 – Current
Outside the practice of law
Arne is an avid snowboarder and he tries to get as many powder days in each season as possible. Arne also enjoys spending time with his wife, young son, and family dog, walking around and exploring Central Oregon.
Arne also has a deeply creative side. He taught himself to play guitar at age 12 and was playing in his first band by the time he turned 13. Arne honed his musical talents throughout high school and college. After graduating from California State University at Dominguez Hills with honors in 1993, Arne gave music his full attention. He immediately formed a new band, and within three months they were touring up and down the West Coast playing original music. In 1994, Arne became a recording artist and found he loved studio work. From 1993 until 2000, Arne played guitar and sang on various records and CDs. He toured the United States and lent his talents to several bands, including opening for Green Day.