Tim serves as the firm’s lead litigator and has been named an Oregon Super Lawyer for many years. His leadership extends into industry organizations and the community, having been nominated to top leadership positions with professional and civic organizations across the state and nation.
Dedication to Success
Tim brings that drive to every case he handles. Among Oregon lawyers, Tim has taken more personal injury cases to trial than most others. His tenacity comes from the firmly held belief that individuals and corporations that harm people or cause death must be held fully accountable.
The competence and professionalism Tim brings to the courtroom extends to his work with various organizations that have become a priority for this civically active lawyer. Tim has held leadership positions with the Oregon State Bar, the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, the J.R. Campbell Inns of Court and the Rotary Club of Bend. He has also been admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court — a distinction held by few.
Whether he’s working with leaders in the community or with clients dealing with injury from a car accident, a work-related incident or a client who has lost a loved one due to wrongful death, Tim’s track record of success speaks for itself: since 2003, Tim has won tens of millions of dollars for his clients.
Outside of Law
Tim credits his experience as a forward for Southern Oregon University’s nationally ranked basketball team with sharpening his competitive edge and preparing him for a career in law. When not winning in the courtroom, Tim remains active in sports — snowboarding, running, biking, golfing, fishing, hunting, and playing basketball are some of his favorite pastimes. He also volunteers his time and resources helping children who could not otherwise afford to participate in organized sports, including serving on the board of Sko Youth Sports, a nonprofit he helped create to serve that goal.
Above all else, spending time with his wife and two daughters is a top priority. Luckily, his daughters are following in his footsteps have proven themselves to be phenomenal basketball players in their own right. Thus, Tim thoroughly enjoys coaching their youth club basketball teams, and is now considered one of the state’s premier youth basketball coaches.
- Oregon SuperLawyers (2016 – present)
- Oregon SuperLawyers – Rising Star (2010-2015)
- Lawyers of Distinction
- Rue Ratings – Best Attorneys of America
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel – Nation’s Top One Percent
- Southern Oregon University – Stan Smith Alumni Service Award (2018)
- Oregon Trial Lawyers Association – Volunteer of the Year (2016)
- American Association for Justice – Distinguished Service Award (2015)
- American Association for Justice – New Lawyers Division Excellence Award (2013)
- The American Society of Legal Advocates - Top 40 under 40 in Oregon (2013)
- University of Oregon School of Law, J.D. (2003)
- Southern Oregon University – B.S. Criminology, Cum Laude (1999)