What Makes Semi-Truck Accident Lawsuits Unique?
My previous blogs on the subject of Oregon semi-truck accidents describe how dangerous these accidents are and explains why semi-truck accidents usually result in fatality. In this blog, I want to focus on why, from a legal standpoint, semi-truck accidents are unique among personal injury cases.
Semi-truck accidents are complicated from a legal point of view. They are affected by state rules, federal laws, science, industry practices and thoughts expressed by trucking experts. Trucking accidents involve complex and highly specialized litigation that requires:
- A thorough understanding of the complex rules governing the commercial trucking industry
- An awareness of unethical industry practices, which include destroying and altering evidence
- Access to trucking accident experts who can quickly be dispatched to the scene of semi-truck accidents
- Years of experience and specialized training in handling commercial trucking accidents
- An intimate familiarity with trucking industry customs and practices
If you or someone you love has been injured in a semi-truck accident, it is vitally important that you have a team of insurance adjusters, investigators, and personal injury attorneys looking out for your best interests. Trucking companies have enormous resources and experts at their disposal and you need experts in your corner, too. The Oregon semi-truck accident attorneys at Dwyer Williams Cherkoss PC have extensive knowledge of and experience with trucking regulations, trucking industry practices, and trucking litigation defense strategies. Let us help you.