The city of Milwaukie is located some 6.8 miles away from downtown Portland, Oregon. Lying on the northwest portion of Clackamas County, this city is also known as the Dogwood City of the West for maintaining the world’s oldest Dogwood tree.
Milwaukie, Oregon has a wide selection of restaurants, coffee shops, retail stores and recreational facilities. It is the home of the headquarters of Dark Horse Comics, the publisher of Hellboy and Sin City and producer as well of popular films and TV series.
Other tourist attractions include the North Clackamas Aquatic Park, Milwaukie Museum, and Christmas Ships and Winter Solstice Bonfire.
Milwaukie has a land area of 4.82 square miles and an estimated population of 20,439 residents. Common industries operating businesses in the city engage in retail trade, manufacturing, construction, health care, professional, scientific, and technical services and transportation and warehousing.
The top employers in the city include Unified Grocers, PCC Structurals, Safeway, and Warn Industries. Residents maintain jobs as material recorders, schedulers, dispatchers, and distributors, electrical equipment mechanics, laborers, secretaries and administrative support staff, managers, bookkeepers, and metal and plastic workers.
Auto accidents in Milwaukie
While the city’s traffic enforcers constantly strive to prevent and minimize car crashes in the city, accidents can still occur particularly at intersections and major roads such as the McLoughlin Boulevard, Highway 224, and Lake Road. Oregon Route 224, in particular, is a common site of car accidents resulting in injuries to motorists, passengers and pedestrians.
If you or a loved one is involved in a car accident, you may be entitled to compensation under Oregon tort laws.
In Oregon, injured persons or their families may recover compensation for:
- Medical, hospital, surgical, dental, ambulance, and prosthetic services expenses incurred as a result of their injuries
- Lost income for time off work
- Costs of hiring persons to perform essential services during the disability of the injured claimant
- In case of death, funeral expenses
Oregon Revised Statutes allow persons injured in a motor vehicle accident to file a claim with the insurer of the car at fault and to file a civil suit for collecting all other damages not covered by the insurer. Your auto accident lawyer can help you sort your legal issues and file the appropriate claims against the parties responsible for your injuries.
In Milwaukie, Oregon, the law firm of Dwyer Williams Dretke Attorneys, PC has handled more than 700 personal injury cases in the past 3 years and can help you recover the compensation that you deserve. We also handle other personal injury cases such as elderly abuse or nursing home neglect, dog attack, premises liability and wrongful death. Call us today at 541-617-0555 to avail of a free consultation.
Directions to Our Oregon Personal Injury Attorneys from Milwaukie, OR
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Milwaukie, OR 97222
Total Est. Time: 3h 06 mins
Total Est. Distance: 156 mi
- Head east on SE Harrison St toward SE 24th Ave
- Turn right onto Milwaukie Expy
- Take the ramp onto I-205 S
- Merge onto I-205 S
- Take exit 12A to merge onto OR-212 E/OR-224 E toward Clackamas
- Merge onto OR-212 E/OR-224 E
- Slight right (signs for SE 312th Dr/Sandy/Mount Hood)
- Merge onto US-26 E/Mt Hood Hwy via the ramp on the left to Sandy/Mt Hood
- Merge onto US-26 E/Mt Hood Hwy
- Continue onto US-97 S
- Turn right onto NW Hawthorne Ave (signs for Hawthorne Avenue)
- NW Hawthorne Ave turns slightly right and becomes NW Oregon Ave
- Turn right onto NW Bond St
- Destination will be on the left
We are located at:
1051 NW Bond St #310
Bend, OR 97701