Why Jim Dwyer Specializes in Personal Injury Law
Jim Dwyer believes that individuals and corporations should and must be held accountable for careless and negligent acts which injure or kill innocent people. He sees to it that his clients receive fair, just and full money damages for their injuries and losses.
Jim Dwyer is licensed to practice law in Oregon, Washington, and in the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon. Jim is a member of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, and the Oregon State Bar. He has also been awarded Volunteer of the Year for the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association. Jim handles all types of personal injury and serious accident cases in Portland.
Jim Dwyer – Portland Oregon Personal Injury Attorney with Experience!
- Oregon State Bar since 1998
- Washington State Bar since 2003
- Oregon Trial Lawyer Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Federal Bar and United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- Volunteer of the Year for the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (2002)
- Head of the Motor Vehicle Section of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association (2002-2005)
- Member of American Trial Lawyers Association and AAJ
- Board Member of Eugene Emergency Housing (1993-1997)
- Board Member of the Hollywood Farmers Market (1999-2000)
- Board Member of Board of the Brain Injury Association of Oregon (2003-2004)
- Board of Directors Unity Church of Portland (2002-2007)
- President of the Board of Unity Church of Portland (2007-2010)
- Finance Committee Member Unity Church of Portland (2010 to present)
Jim Dwyer was born in Eugene, Oregon. He graduated from the University of Oregon in 1984 and from California Western School of Law in San Diego in 1987. Jim’s experience with the law started in 1972 when he went to work at his father’s law firm delivering its mail to the post office and taking documents to the courthouse. Jim grew up going to legal seminars and helping his father prepare cases.
Jim practiced in Eugene from 1988 to 1997, where his primary focus was on helping people who were injured through no fault of their own. In 1998, Jim and his family moved to Portland. Since then, Jim has worked with Dean Heiling and he continues to practice personal injury law and workers’ compensation law.
Jim has been married to his wife Jan for 19 years and has two wonderful teenage daughters. Jim’s interests include cooking, traveling, volunteer work, and spending as much time as he can with his family.