Hillsboro is home to many technology companies and has earned the name Silicon Forest. It has a population of about 91,611. The city has over 700 full-time employees and 250 part-time employees with Intel being its largest resident employer. Hillsboro has also been improving and growing, adding things such as community gardens, family-friendly community events, and a ballpark.
Helping Hillsboro Employees With Workers’ Comp Claims
When an employee suffers from a work-related injury or illness, he or she deserves benefits under the employer’s workman’s compensation insurance. However, filing for workers’ comp can be complicated. Additionally, valid claims are often denied by insurance companies for illegitimate reasons.
Hiring an experienced workers’ comp attorney, like ours at Dwyer Williams Dretke can help you pursue your claim or file an appeal if your claim has been denied.
To obtain workman’s comp benefits, an employee must have suffered a work-related injury or illness. If the injury or illness is not related to the individual’s job, then he or she will be unable to obtain compensation. It is also important that the employee reports his or her illness or injury right away. Any delay in reporting may jeopardize the worker’s ability to recover under the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance.
When an employee files a claim, his or her employer must send the claim to its insurer within 5 days. It is illegal for an employer to try, in any way, to interfere with the employee’s right to file a workers’ comp claim.
Finally, the insurance company must accept or deny the employee’s claim within 60 days of the filing date. If a denial is made, then the insurance company will notify the employee of his or her appeal rights.
Get a free consultation
Filing for workers’ compensation can be complicated, especially if an employer tries to interfere or the insurance company wrongfully denies the claim. Fortunately, there are attorneys experienced in handling workman’s compensation claims, like the top-notch legal team at Dwyer Williams Dretke.
If you, or a loved one, needs assistance filing for workers’ compensation, we welcome your call to our Portland area office at 541-617-0555.
Directions to Our Oregon Personal Injury Attorneys from Hillsboro, OR
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Hillsboro, OR 97123
Total Est. Time: 3h 21 mins
Total Est. Distance: 170 mi
- Head south on SW Campbell Rd toward SW Laurelview Rd
- Turn left onto SW Egger Rd
- Turn right onto SW McCormick Hill Rd
- Turn left onto SW Vanderschuere Rd
- Turn right onto OR-219
- Slight left onto NE Mountain Top Rd
- Turn right onto NE Bell Rd
- Take the 1st left onto NE Springbrook Rd
- Turn left onto N Springbrook Rd
- At the traffic circle, take the 2nd exit and stay on N Springbrook Rd
- Turn left onto OR-219 S/S St Paul Hwy
- Continue onto OR-219 S/River Rd NE
- Continue straight onto Main St/River Rd NE
- Continue onto River Rd NE
- Turn left onto Brooklake Rd NE
- Turn right onto the Route 1 S ramp to Salem
- Merge onto I-5 S
- Take exit 253 for OR-22/OR-99E toward Detroit Lake/Bend
- Turn left onto OR-22 E/Mission St SE (signs for Detroit Lake/Bend)
- Slight left onto OR-126 E/US-20 E
- Slight right to merge onto US-97 S/Bend Pkwy toward Mt Bachelor/Klamath Falls
- Turn right onto NW Hawthorne Ave (signs for Hawthorne Avenue)
- NW Hawthorne Ave turns slightly right and becomes NW Oregon Ave
- Turn right onto NW Bond St
- Destination will be on the left
We are located at:
1051 NW Bond St #310
Bend, OR 97701